Westminster Old Scholars’ Soccer Club (WOSSC) are now looking to fill out their coaching staff roster for the 2020 season and beyond.
WOSSC are looking for Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches for all 3 of our Men’s Teams:
- Firsts – Division 1A Collegiate Soccer League
- Reserves – Division 1B Collegiate Soccer League
- Thirds – Division 4 Collegiate Soccer League
Remuneration is negotiable.
Westminster Old Scholars’ Soccer Club was founded in 2005 and has grown every year since. In 2020, WOSSC Men will be fielding 3 teams in Div 1A, Div 1B, and Div 4 of the Collegiate Soccer League. WOSSC play their home games at Westminster School, which boast some of the best allgrass playing surfaces in the state. WOSSC train twice a week (Mondays and Wednesdays) at Glandore Oval. Previous Club achievements and awards include:
- Division 2A Champions – 2018
- Division 2B Champions – 2012, 2017, 2018
- Division 6 Champions – 2015
WOSSC are an inclusive club, with a strong social and family-friendly culture. WOSSC’s Club Values
are that of Enjoyment, Unity, Integrity, and Resilience. We strive to provide an enjoyable experience
on and off the pitch, build a unified and inclusive community, always act with integrity, and show
resilience when faced with adversity.
Club Expectations for 2020 and beyond
Firsts Team (Div 1A)
- Top 4 finish in 2020
- Compete in the FFA Cup within 3 years
- Win CSL Division 1A within 5 years
- Win the CSL Cup within 5 years
Reserves Team (Div 1B)
- Top 4 finish in 2020
- Win CSL Division 1B within 5 years
- Progress to the quarter-final of the CSL Cup within 5 years
Thirds Team (Div 4)
- Train consistently as a team in 2020
- Play in a style consistent with the First and Reserves in 2020
- Win CSL Division 4 within 5 years
- Work collaboratively with other members of the coaching staff and Club Committee
- Implement a pre-season training program commencing late January 2020 (all teams)
- Run two training sessions a week (Firsts and Reserves) or one training session a week (Thirds)
- Make team selections for the match-day squads
- Complete team-sheets prior to each match, and upload them and the result to the CSL website following the game
- Openly communicate with the playing group for everything involving availability, injury/fitness, individual performance feedback etc.
- Openly communicate with the Club’s Committee.
- Support and promote involvement of the Club’s off-field fundraising and social events
- Have exceptional organisational and time-management skills
- Always uphold WOSSC’s Club Values
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years senior coaching experience (Firsts and Reserves)
- FFA C-License or higher (Firsts) – or be willing to obtain
- FFA Senior Coaching Certificate (Reserves and Thirds) – or be willing to obtain
- Practical knowledge and understanding of the Collegiate Soccer League
How to Apply
Applications or requests for further information can be sent to Club President, Daniel Bousfield, via firstname.lastname@example.org before September 30th, 2019.
In your application, please address:
- What teams/positions you wish to be considered for.
- Why you are interested in coaching at WOSSC
- A summary of your playing and coaching background
- Any qualifications you feel are relevant to the role
- A brief overview of your footballing philosophy
- Your remuneration expectations
- Any other points raised in the “Coach Expectations” section above
We look forward to hearing from you,
The WOSSC Committee.